Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Sign In

Skip Navigation LinksBenefits Benefits

 Certified Copies of Documents

​Veterans can obtain free copies of birth certificates, marriage licenses and divorce decrees when proper application is made. These records are provided when a request is made on behalf of any honorably discharged veteran, or of any member of the armed services serving in a war or armed conflict in which the United States is engaged. These records are provided for use in connection with any claim for death benefits, compensation allowance and family or dependency allotments.

 Discharges Recorded

​The Northampton County Office of Veterans Affairs recommends that all honorably discharged servicemen and women record their discharge document with the Northampton County Office of Veterans Affairs. This service is provided free to all eligible county veterans. The discharge is permanently recorded and certified copies may be obtained at any time.

 Health Benefit Form

Click the following link to download the Department of Veterans Affairs Application for Health Benefits

Click the following link to view other health benefit information

 Legal Residence

​The term "Legal Residence" shall be construed as synonymous with "domicile" and is hereby defined as actual residence, coupled with intention that is shall be permanent, or a residence presently fixed with no definite intention of changing it or of returning to a former residence at some future period. Legal residence is to be determined by abode of person and his or her intention to abandon his or her former domicile and establish a new one. The legal residence of a deceased service person shall be prima facie in the county where he or she made his or her abode at the time of his or her death.

 Unemployment Compensation - Limited Time

​To receive unemployment compensation. The amount of benefit and payment period varies among states.
Apply immediately after separation.

 United States Department of Veterans Affairs

​Click the following link to visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs Home Page

 Veterans Emergency Assistance

​The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania provides temporary emergency funds for the necessities of life to assist honorably discharged Pennsylvania veterans of any war or armed conflict, or the widow and infant children or dependents of such veterans as are sick or disabled and who are without means.
The maximum period for granting emergency assistance is three months. Assistance is authorized for food, dairy, shelter, fuel and clothing. Applications may be made through the County Department of Veterans Affairs.
Eligibility requirements are:
1. Veteran must be unemployable due to hospitalization, sickness or injury.
2. Veteran must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States during the established war-service dates and must have a military discharge other than dishonorable.
3. Veteran must be a resident of Pennsylvania.
4. Veteran must have been employed immediately prior to emergency or have a recent loss of income.
5. Upon recent death of the veteran, widows and orphan children are eligible, provided veteran would have been qualified prior to death.
Back to Top