You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Northampton County Website
Community and Economic Development
High Contrast View Mode
Normal View Mode
Protection From Abuse
Register Of Wills
Northampton County Website
N209 Hearing Lists
RULE N209. HEARING LISTS.
(a) Miscellaneous Hearings. Miscellaneous business, cases to be heard before a Judge without jury, audits where testimony is to be taken, appeals from administrative agencies, and all other miscellaneous cases where testimony is to be taken without a jury, will be heard on the respective dates set forth on the Court calendar. Hearings which may be protracted or involve complex issues should not be listed for miscellaneous hearing days without prior approval of the Court.
(b) Preparation. The Court Administrator shall prepare a hearing list of such cases ordered thereon by the Court or by praecipe of counsel filed not later than seven (7) days before the holding of Hearing Court. Where a case is ordered on the hearing list by praecipe of counsel, notice thereof shall be given to the opposite party at least seven (7) days before the date of hearing.
JUNE 17, 2004, AMENDED AS FOLLOWS:
N209 Miscellaneous Hearing and Non-Jury Trial Lists.
(a) Time Limits
1. Matters reasonably anticipated to require less than (30) minutes may be placed onto a miscellaneous list.
2. Matters anticipated to require more than (30) minutes shall be placed onto a non-jury trial list.
(b) Procedure-Miscellaneous Hearings.
1. Proceedings may be listed for miscellaneous hearing either by filing with the clerk of court an original and one copy of a praecipe or by order of court. The court administrator shall prepare a hearing list of such cases.
2. When proceedings are placed on a hearing list by praecipe, notice thereof shall be given to opposing counsel or unrepresented parties at least seven (7) days before the date of hearing.
(c) Procedure-Non-Jury Trials.
1. Proceedings may be listed for a non-jury trial list either by filing with the clerk of court an original and one copy of a praecipe or by order of court. The court administrator shall prepare a non-jury trial list of such cases.
2. When proceedings are placed on a non-jury trial list by praecipe of counsel, notice thereof shall be given to opposing counsel or unrepresented parties at least (30) days before the date of trial.
Created at 1/29/2016 8:33 AM by Vitek Gajewski
Last modified at 1/29/2016 8:33 AM by Vitek Gajewski
Back to Top
669 Washington Street
Easton, Pennsylvania 18042
© Copyright 2016 Northampton County