You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Northampton County Website
Community and Economic Development
High Contrast View Mode
Normal View Mode
Protection From Abuse
Register Of Wills
Northampton County Website
2006-11 State Police Risk Assessment Team
IN THE COURT OF COMMON PLEAS OF NORTHAMPTON COUNTY,
IN RE: IMPLEMENTATION OF :
RECOMMENDATIONS OF :
PENNSYLVANIA STATE :
POLICE RISK AND :
ASSESSMENT TEAM :
(BUILDING ACCESS AND :
WEAPON SCREENING) :
ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 2006-11
AND NOW, this day of September, 2006, based upon the recommendations of the Pennsylvania State Police, Domestic Security Office, Risk and Vulnerability Assessment Team, it is hereby ordered that the Sheriff of Northampton County shall implement the following building access and weapon screening procedures at the Northampton County Courthouse complex:
1. The Sheriff shall issue identification cards to public officials and county employees, who shall enter the Courthouse complex through either the Employee Entrance on the east side of the courthouse complex or the Rotunda Entrance. The Sheriff shall design and implement a random weapon screening procedure for public officials and county employees.
2. All other persons, including attorneys not employed by the county and title searchers, shall enter the courthouse complex through the Rotunda Entrance where they shall pass through a weapon screening procedure designed and implemented by the Sheriff.
3. Entrance and departure through all doors other than the Rotunda Entrance and the Employee Entrance shall be prohibited.
4. Persons with physical disabilities may enter the courthouse complex through either the Employee Entrance or the Rotunda Entrance as they choose. They shall be subject to the same weapon screening procedure as other members of the public.
5. The Sheriff shall design and implement a procedure whereby persons making deliveries through the loading dock communicate with the Sheriff’s control center to gain access. The Sheriff shall design and implement a weapon screening procedure for delivery persons and for the items which they deliver.
6. Appropriate security personnel shall be present from 7:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. daily to control access to the courthouse complex and to screen for weapons for visitors during other than regular business hours. Monitoring of the complex after 11:00 P.M. shall be performed at the Northampton County Prison control center or by on-duty security personnel as the County Executive shall determine. Only public officials, county employees, and members of the public attending governmental meetings shall be permitted in the Courthouse complex at times other than regular business hours.
7. The County Executive or the President of County Council may direct that members of the public attending governmental meetings in the courthouse complex after regular business hours shall enter through the Employee Entrance.
8. This Order is effective immediately.
BY THE COURT:
ROBERT A. FREEDBERG, P. J.
Created at 1/28/2016 3:12 PM by Vitek Gajewski
Last modified at 5/31/2018 9:22 AM by Vitek Gajewski
Back to Top
669 Washington Street
Easton, Pennsylvania 18042
© Copyright 2016 Northampton County