You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Northampton County Website
Community and Economic Development
High Contrast View Mode
Normal View Mode
Protection From Abuse
Register Of Wills
Northampton County Website
N1920.31 Joinder of Related Claims. Procedure
RULE N1920.31. JOINDER OF RELATED CLAIMS; PROCEDURE.
(a) Alimony Pendente Lite.
(1) The party filing a complaint or petition containing a claim for alimony pendente lite shall file an additional copy of the complaint or petition with the Clerk of Courts Civil, which shall be attested by the Clerk and forwarded to the Domestic Relations Section for proceeding.
(2) A copy of the income and expense statements required by Rule 1920.31 shall be filed by the parties in the Domestic Relations Section in accordance with the policy of that office.
(3) If an agreement for alimony pendente lite is reached at the Domestic Relations conference, the Court will enter an Order based upon the agreement of the parties. If no agreement is reached at the conference, the conference officer shall recommend an Order of Court. The Order shall constitute a final Order unless written Objections are filed with the Northampton County Domestic Relations Section within ten (10) days of the date of the Order (twenty (20) days in intrastate reciprocal cases for out of county residents), which date is the date of the mailing of the Order. The case will thereupon be scheduled for hearing before the Court or before the Domestic Relations Section Special Master, if so ordered by the Court. The written Objections will not stay the Order.
(b) Child Support.
(1) When a complaint or petition containing a claim for child support is filed with the Clerk of Courts Civil, the moving party shall file an additional copy of the complaint or petition, which shall be attested by the Clerk and forwarded to the Domestic Relations Section for processing.
(2) Claims for child support shall proceed in accordance with the practice and procedure governing actions for child support.
(c) Alimony; Equitable Distribution of Marital Property.
(1) When a complaint or petition containing a claim for alimony or equitable distribution or marital property is filed with the Clerk of Courts Civil, the claim shall proceed pursuant to Rule N1920.51.
(d) Counsel Fees, Costs and Expenses.
(1) When a complaint or petition containing a claim for counsel fees and expenses is filed, the claim shall proceed pursuant to Rule 1920.51.
(2) Where an award of counsel fees, costs or expenses is sought prior to the filing of the Master's Report, a detailed statement of the services rendered and costs incurred shall be filed with the Clerk of Courts Civil. Thereafter, the parties may, by notice, proceed to take depositions and/or praecipe the matter to an argument list.
(3) Nothing in this rule shall preclude a party from petitioning the Court for an award of counsel fees, costs and expenses at any time during the proceedings.
(1) Unless specifically ordered otherwise, all payment of child support, alimony pendente lite, and/or alimony shall be made to the Domestic Relations Section.
(2) Upon receipt of an Order of Court directing the payment of alimony, the Clerk of Courts Civil shall file a copy of said Order with the Domestic Relations Section.
(3) All payment of amounts awarded for counsel fees, costs and expenses shall be made as directed by the Court.
Created at 1/29/2016 10:53 AM by Vitek Gajewski
Last modified at 1/29/2016 10:53 AM by Vitek Gajewski
Back to Top
669 Washington Street
Easton, Pennsylvania 18042
© Copyright 2016 Northampton County