The Northampton County’s Prothonotary’s office
is responsible for the recording and filing of civil legal papers. Civil papers consist of:
Other services performed in our office include:
No Fault Divorce (§3301 (c) - Divorce Code - Mutual Consent) paperwork and instruction packet are available in the Courthouse Law Library located on the first floor near the juror's lounge.
For new Custody Actions, not heard before either a Judge or Custody Master: Custody paperwork must be filled out at PALawHelp. For modification or contempt, paperwork is available in the Courthouse Law Library.
New, modification, and contempt custody paperwork needs to be filled out completely. All custody orders must be signed in Motions Court by the Judge, prior to filing in the Prothonotary's office. Motions Court is Monday through Friday at 9 AM in courtroom 4. You may click here to review the court calendar for schedules and closures.
1. Civil Cover Sheet
2. Notice of Appeal from Magisterial District Judge Judgment
3. Section 8 Tenant's Supersedeas
4. Non-Section 8 Tenant's Supersedeas
5. U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
6. U. S. Citizenship Application information
7. PA Vital Records (Birth Certificate)